With the Free & Online Base64 Decode tool, you can effortlessly decode the encoded Base64 string into a human-readable format or encode the Base64 decoded string.
What is decoding?
In simple words, decoding is converting an encoded string into a human-readable format or any useful format for subsequent operations. The process converts the encoded data and files into their original form. It deconstructs the encoded string.
The program or the individual that converts the encoded string into a human-readable format is called a?decoder.
What is Base64 decoding, and how it works?
Base64 decoding?is the reverse operation of the?Base64 encoding process.?
To decode the Base64 encoded string. Perform the following steps.
- Remove any padding characters from the end of the Base64 encoded string.
- Translate each Base64 character back to their six bits binary numbers representation.
- Convert the bits into byte-sized (eight-bits) chunks.
- ?Translate the data back to its original format.
How to decode the data by using a Free & Online Base64 Decode tool?
To decode the data by using the Base64 decoding scheme. Perform the following steps.
- Open the?Free & Online Base64 Decode tool.?
- You can either copy and paste the data, use the "Load from URL" option, or use the "Browse" option to upload the data.
- After uploading the data, click on the "Base64 Decode" button.
- The tool will convert the provided data into Base64 decoded format.
- Please copy the resulted data, and paste it into the desired location.
- You can encode the data using the same tool or using the?Free & Online Base64 Encode tool.
How to use the load sample data option in the Free & Online Base64 Decode tool?
Checking the results by using the sample data is beneficial. It shows you the output and removes the ambiguity that you may have related to the tool.
For using that option, do the following steps.
- Click on the "Load Sample Data" button.?
- A sample data will appear "R3JlZXRpbmcgYnkgdXJsLWRlY29kZS5jb20=" in the above section.
- Click on the "Base64 Decode" button.
- The tool will perform the Base64 decoding scheme and provides you the result in that?Greeting by url-decode.com?form.
Note:?We do not keep a copy of the resulted Base64 decoded form. Therefore, please copy the resulting Base64 decoded format, paste it to the desired location for future use if you are happy, and be satisfied with the results.