The best & free online CSV to XML converter converts the CSV format data into the XML format. Please copy and paste the CSV data, or upload the CSV file to convert it into an XML.
What is CSV, and why is CSV used?
CSV stands for comma-separated values file. It's a delimited text file that contains the values separated by commas. Each line in the file contains the data. The data contains the fields, separated by commas.
CSV file format is highly supported for converting the tabular data into simple plain text. The companies that want their high volume data about the customers and their orders (to get from and send to their database) use that file extension.
Therefore, Facebook and Google platforms also encourage using that file extension to upload the customer data to their advertising platforms.
What is XML, and why is XML used?
XML stands for Extensible Markup Language. It's a text-based markup language derived from Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML). It's considered a traditional medium to store and transfer data on the internet. An XML file provides the data in an understandable format for humans and machines.
In XML, the tags are not predefined, like in HTML. So you are free to use the custom tags at your convenience. The tags store the data and transfer it on the web. Therefore, you can use that for transferring the data but not in data displaying because XML is not designed to perform transferring tasks.
Note: You can use the XML Viewer/ XML Formatter to edit and display your XML file in a tree view.
CSV VS XML
- CSV stands for comma-separated values file, and XML stands for Extensible Markup Language.
- XML is a traditional way to store and transfer the data on the web; CSV is used to convert the tabular data into the plain-text form and export a large amount of data from and to the database.
- XML is more versatile than CSV but less compact than CSV files.
- CSV consumes less space (almost half of the space) than an XML file.
- XML was designed to represent data formats in a better hierarchical structure. However, CSV does not support a hierarchical data structure.
- A CSV file can update and is limited to one object per file, whereas an XML file can update multiple objects from one file.
How to use the best & free online CSV to XML converter?
Conversion is fun. The online tool helps convert the CSV format data into the XML format.
To do CSV to XML conversion, do the following steps.
- Open the best & free online CSV to XML converter.
- You can either copy-paste the CSV code, use the "Load from the URL" option, or use the "Browse" option to upload the CSV file.
- After uploading the CSV data, click on the "Convert to XML" button to convert the CSV data format into the XML format.
- You can get the CSV data in XML form in the "Result" section.
- Please copy the code, and paste it into the desired location.
Note: You can also use the best & free online XML to CSV converter to convert the XML data into CSV format.
How to use the Load Sample Data option in CSV to XML converter tool?
First, always use some sample data to check the tool's working. To check the working of CSV to XML converter, do the following steps.
- Click on the "Load Sample Data" button.
- The sample data in the CSV format will appear in the upper section.
- Click on the "Convert to XML" button to convert the CSV file format into XML file format to get the sample result.
Perform we keep a copy of your source code?
Protecting user trust is our top priority. We do not keep a copy of the source code that the user pastes for the CSV to XML conversion.
Note: We do not keep a copy of the resulted code. Therefore, please copy the resulted code and paste it to the desired location for future use if you are happy and satisfied with the results.