Generate a Disavow File to improve your Website's 自然优化. A browser-based free tool helps you create a disavow file of your website's unwanted & spam links to avoid a decline in SERP by Google Search.
What is a Disavow tool, and why was it introduced?
No doubt, it's challenging to rank a website in search, but it's even more challenging to maintain that ranking. If you have know-how about 自然优化, you exactly know how hard it is to improve/maintain rankings on SERP.
自然优化 is not the same; it used to be a decade ago. With time, Google introduces new standards for the webmasters to meet to better rank in Google. The research shows that there are almost 200 plus ranking factors that Google considers while ranking a website.
If you have a website over the last few years, then there is a great chance that you have some unnatural, unwanted, or bad reputation websites pointing to your website. These links can be harmful to a website resulting in a ranking decrease by the Google algorithm. Even you can get a manual unnatural links penalty.
Manual link reviews and penalties might be trigger by the following activities:
- A spam report from a competitor.
- Algorithmic activity from Google Algorithm.
- You are in a niche that Google's spam team activity monitors.
But the question is, What are the bad links, and why should they be disavowed?
Today, there are almost 2 billion websites on the internet. And with each second, more are coming. Every webmaster wishes to get a better rank in Google to gain the maximum organic traffic. In that environment, the competition to rank better is getting complicated.
After establishing the website, everyone wants to attract a maximum audience. One of the easy ways to reach the full number audience is to create backlinks on several websites, forums, blogs, etc.
To achieve that goal, with less effort and with no time, webmasters sometimes buy backlinks. That is not a good practice because it most often includes spammy links, links from irrelevant websites, links from low ranking websites, and so on. These links can be harmful and impact a website's ranking.
Moreover, sometimes link directories/farms link your website without your consent; these unwanted links also may hurt a website's SERP rankings.
It's difficult to understand the bad links, but in simple words, bad links or toxic links are such links that violate the quality guidelines as laid down by Google. Having poor links from numerous websites results in a decrease in your website's visibility and reduce traffic and your business.
the Google Disavow tool was introduced in October 2012
. It allows webmasters to inform Google not to consider certain links (harmful or toxic links) that point to your website, a way to protect your website's 自然优化.
What is a Disavow file, and how to create Google Disavow file?
A disavow file is the file that contains those bad links that you want to remove and want to tell Google that while considering the backlinks for your website, ignore those links mentioned in the file.
But before creating a disavow file, you must adequately decide whether creating that file is necessary or not?
You should disavow backlinks only if:
- You have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your website, and these links can cause a manual action by Google on your website.
However, to create a disavow file for Google, you must follow a few Google recommendations.
- Please specify one URL or domain to disavow per line.
- You cannot disavow an entire subpath, such as abc.com/en/.
- It's better to disavow a whole domain than submitting an individual URL, especially if you are getting bad links from several URLs of the same domain. If you want to disavow a complete domain (subdomain), prefix it with "domain:" for example, domain:abc.com, and if you are going to disavow a single URL, please mention that URL.
- The file must be a text file (.txt extension) and encoded in UTF-8 or 7-bit ASCII.
- The maximum URL length is 2,048 characters, and the full file contains not more than 100,000 lines (including blank lines and comment lines), and the file size must not be more than 2MB.
- You can include comments if you want by starting a line with a # mark. Google will ignore any lines that begin with #.
How to create a Google Disavow file by using Disavow File Generator Tool?
Manually doing things is always a challenging and time processing task. Therefore, several online tools generate the disavow file for Google, as per Google's mentioned recommendations. To create the file, by using an online tool, perform the following steps.
- Open the Disavow File Generator Tool.
- The tool provides you two options: entering the domain(s) or entering the URL(s) as per your requirement.
- Please enter one domain or one URL per line.
- Or you can upload the file containing the domain(s) or URL(s).
- Or you can also upload your existing disavow file containing domains and URL as per standard formatting of Disavow tool.
- After that, click on the "Generate Disavow File" button. The tool will create a .txt file and download that file in your system.
- Please copy the file and paste it into the desired folder for further use.
Is it necessary to create a disavow file and upload it to Google?
Most of the time, Google automatically access whether to consider or trust certain links or not. But if you have a considerable number of spammy, artificial, or low-quality links pointing to your website. And these links can cause a manual action by Google on your website. Then you must create a disavow file and upload it to Google.
Note: First, It's better to ask a website to remove the link from their website; use then disavow as a last option. Because you could hurt your 自然优化, and that's not what you want.
How long does it take Google to disavow links?
It takes almost 48 hours for Google bots to notice that a new disavow file has been uploaded against that domain. After that, it takes weeks or even months until Google re-crawls your disavowed links.
Google search console still showing Disavow links in total external links, why?
The beginners mostly ask that question in 自然优化 the first time they are working with Google disavow tool.
First, the reason behind this is that the Google search console does not show you a complete list of external links; it offers you a subset of your total external links.
Second, it treats your mentioned disavow links as nofollow. Disavow tool marks the link(s) as they would be marked nofollow. Therefore, the links still exist and appear in the report.
Can you reavow a link?
Creating a disavow file is easy. However, before making that file, an audit of each domain or URL is essential to check whether that domain or URL should be added in the disavow file or not?
If you by mistake add the URL in your disavow file and upload it to your Google search console, you can still reavow it. Just modify your disavow file and upload it again. But according to Matt Cutts, it takes much longer (though no one knows how long that is) to reavow a link than to disavow it. Therefore, a proper audit of each domain or URL is important before disavowing it.
What is the benefit of disavowing backlinks in 自然优化?
Backlinks are essential in 自然优化. If any website creates your link on its website, it's giving you a vote of confidence. So actually, the backlinks are the votes of confidence, which shows that your content is valuable. Having many backlinks from quality websites helps you in getting a better rank in Google.
Incoming links to your website affect your website's opinion in Google's eye.
However, too many backlinks from the toxic website are harmful. Therefore, you must audit your link profile and remove the unhealthy, spammy links from your link profile to protect your website's 自然优化.
Perform we keep a copy of your data?
Protecting user trust is our top priority. We do not keep a copy of the user pastes' data for generating the Google Disavow File.