The best & free online XML to JSON converter converts the XML string/XML file format into the JSON string/JSON file format. Please copy and paste the XML code, or upload the XML file to convert it into a JSON file format.
What is XML, and why is XML used?
XML is a traditional way to transfer data on the internet. XML stands for Extensible Markup Language (XML). It stores the data in a format that is easily readable for humans and machines.
It is case-sensitive and designed to carry the data, not to display the data. It provides a set of rules for encoding the documents in a readable format for humans and machines.
In XML, the tags are not predefined, like in the HTML. You define the tags, and these tags carry the data and make data transfer possible.
XML simplifies the data storing and transporting by storing the data in plain-text format and facilitates its availability. The XML format makes the data available to all machines and humans.
Once you completed your XML code, you can use the XML Viewer/ XML Formatter to edit and display your XML file in a tree view.
What is JSON, and why is JSON used?
Even though both JSON and XML can be used to receive the data from the web server, both are in human-readable format, and both provide hierarchical data structure. But both JSON and XML are different from each other.
How to use the best & free online XML to JSON converter?
Conversion is fun. No doubt, browsers highly support JSON. However, XML is a highly adopted language. So sometimes, you have to convert the XML file into JSON file format.
Perform the following steps to use the best & free online XML to JSON converter to convert the XML file into the JSON file.
- Open the best & free online XML to JSON converter.
- You can either copy-paste the XML string, use the "Load from URL" option, or use the "Browse" option to upload the XML file.
- After uploading the XML file, click on the "Convert" button to convert the XML file format into a JSON file format.
- The resulted code will be displayed in the "Result" section.
- Please copy the code, and paste it into the desired location.
How to use the load sample data option in XML to JSON converter tool?
To use this, do the following steps.
- On the top-right corner of the tool, there is a "Sample" option.
- Click on the "Sample" option to upload the XML sample data.
- Click on the "Convert" button to convert it into JSON format to see the results.
Note: The XML conversion to JSON is not 100% accurate because the XML format uses the different item types that do not have an equivalent JSON representation.
Perform we keep a copy of your source code?
Protecting user trust is our top priority. We do not keep a copy of the source code that the user pastes for the XML to JSON conversion.